Molly Price Theresa Garner Donnell Jennings
Application Instructions for Reciprocal Applicants
Listed below are the instructions for applying for reciprocal registration as a forester. The application and other necessary forms can found on this website under Applications/Forms.
To be eligible for registration as a South Carolina Forester, the applicant must be currently registered in a reciprocal licensing state as a forester. When submitting an application to the Board Office, the requirements are as follows:
(1) Complete the Forester Application items 1 through 16 (Must include notarized signature). Also complete the included affidavit of eligibility form.
(2) Obtain a check or postal money order in the amount of $180 ($130 two-year registration fee and $50 application fee). Initial registration fees are prorated for applications received after April 1st of even years (i.e. April 1, 2010, 2012, 2014). The prorated fee is $115 ($65 registration fee and $50 application fee).
(3) Along with the application, applicants must submit a criminal history conviction record from the applicant's state of residence.
(4) Applicants are required to have Verification of Registration/Licensure forms forwarded directly to the Board office from the state(s) where they are registered as a forester.
(5) Applicants must include a copy of degree or transcripts.
(6) If applicable, applicants must complete the Escrow/Trust Account Certification Affidavit and have it notarized. (Applicable only to foresters who hold monies belonging to others.)
(7) Applicant must complete the top portion only of the Employment Verification, Professional/Personal Reference and Verification of Licensure forms. Send these forms to the individuals or entities that will complete the forms, and forward them to our office.
Mail the required materials to:
South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
Board of Registration for Foresters
Post Office Box 11329
Columbia, South Carolina 29211-1329