Qualifying Party - an individual who has received a NICET Level III or IV Technician Certification in "Fire Protection Engineering Technology Automatic Sprinkler System Layout" and who is an employee of a fire sprinkler contractor who has been issued a qualifying party certificate.
Primary Qualifying Party - a full-time employee of a fire sprinkler contractor who holds a valid NICET Level III or IV Technician Certificate in "Fire Protection Engineering Technology Automatic Sprinkler System Layout" and who has been issued a qualifying party certificate by the board to qualify an entity as a fire sprinkler contractor. The individual has been designated by the licensee as the principle individual responsible for directing or reviewing fire sprinkler contractor work.
To qualify for licensure, applicant shall file a written application on forms approved by the Board (available on this website) and include the following:
- Certificate of Liability Insurance listing the SC Contractors' Licensing Board as Certificate Holder
- Proof of current NICET level III or IV Technician Certificate in "Fire Protection Engineering Technology Automatic Sprinkler System Layout."
- Completed Document 145 (Application)
Each fire sprinkler contractor's main office or branch office must be separately licensed and have a primary qualifying party employed full time and assigned exclusively to that location. The name of the branch office must be the same name that appears on the licensee's license.
Any change that varies from the applicant's original application must be reported to the department within fifteen days from the date of the change.
All qualifying parties must be certified as a NICET Level III of IV technician in “Fire Protection Engineering Technology Automatic Sprinkler System Layout” or “Fire Protection Engineering Technology Water-Based Systems Layout.”
- NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies): www.nicet.org or 888-476-4238
To apply for a license applicant may submit the following items to the SC Contractor’s Licensing Board:
- Initial Application - Doc #145
- NICET Level III or IV certificate
- Certificate of Liability Insurance: A Certificate of Liability Insurance ($100,000 minimum coverage) must be submitted in the DBA name and have the same address. The insurer affording the general liability coverage must be licensed to write insurance policies in South Carolina. The “Certificate Holder” on the form must be listed as the “SC Contractor’s Licensing Board”.
- $200 Licensing Fee
Doc #155 – Revision Application
Login to your user to print a copy of your license. If you do not remember your login information, use the prompts above the login box.