- The Board of Landscape Architectural Examiners has amended Regulation 76-6, regarding continuing education. The intent of the regulation change is to clarify requirements for the required 20 hours for each license renewal. The regulation is effective June 26, 2020, but will not apply to the current licensure renewal period. The changes will apply to the reporting period commencing February 1, 2021 and continuing through January 31, 2023.
You may view a copy of the new regulation here.
- The Board of Landscape Architectural Examiners does not license or have jurisdiction over lawn services, tree services, landscapers, or landscape contractors, as they are exempt from licensure under the SC Code of Laws, Section 40-28-210(8). Individuals engaging in these businesses should consult the SC Association of Counties at https://www.sccounties.org/county-information for local business requirements in the county where they offer services.
- You can now submit applications online! Online applications are a fast, easy, and secure way to submit for licensure with the board. Please visit: https://eservice.llr.sc.gov/NewAppsV3/Login/LoginPage?ReturnUrl=%2fNewAppsV2%2f to start the application process.
- The SC Board of Landscape Architectural Examiners no longer pre-approves exam candidates for the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (LARE). Candidates can go directly to www.clarb.org to establish a CLARB Council Record to begin the examination process. Important note: Candidates registering for the LARE will be required to establish a CLARB Council Record prior to registering for the exam. Please note that CLARB requires three (3) professional references, but the Board requires five (5) professional references. Candidates can either:
- Put all five (5) references on the Council Record; or
- Put three (3) references on the Council Record, and submit the additional two (2) references directly to the Board upon completing the exam.
- Continuing education audits are being conducted through CE Broker. Licensees are encouraged to visit https://cebroker.com and set up a free account to track and submit continuing education for future license renewals.