INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETION OF APPLICATION BY REINSTATEMENT IF ORIGINALLY LICENSED BY EXAMINATION
1. In order to reinstate your S.C. License,
- Complete the Board Application by Reinstatement and forward to the South Carolina Board of Architecture along with application fee of $190, made payable to LLR Board of Architecture.
- Submit proof of obtaining twenty‑four (24) hours of continuing education in health, safety and welfare topics
- Submit a detailed work history since the license expired to the current date, and if licensed in another state, give the name of the state and the current status of that license.
2. Once the Board application and fee as well as documentation of continuing education and detailed work history are received, you will be notified of the Board's decision within approximately two weeks.
REMINDER! Applications will not be considered without the required fee of $190 - made payable to LLR, Board of Architecture.
If you have any questions regarding reinstatement, please contact Alice DeBorde, Administrative Assistant, at (803) 896-4408 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
SOUTH CAROLINA REQUIRES FIRM REGISTRATION
Pursuant to Section 40-3-270 of the South Carolina Architectural Registration Law, firms, engaged in the practice of architecture must register with this Board. Only an architect practicing in his or her own name who does not employ another architect is exempt from this requirement. For example, John Doe, Architect, would not be required to register as a firm. However, John Doe, Architects, or John Doe Associates, or Doe Associates or similar firm names would be required to register as an architectural firm.
For more information see firm instructions and applications.