Do you hold a professional or occupational license in another state? And, are you married to and living with an active duty member of the United States Armed Forces who is relocated to and stationed in South Carolina under official military orders?  If you answered yes to both of these questions, then you may be eligible for licensure under the “Armed Services Members and Spouses Professional and Occupational Licensing Act”, and we want to help you get your license so that you may work in the State of South Carolina.

If you are interested in applying for licensure, please complete the Military Spouse Expedited Licensure Request Form, and a member of our staff will contact you directly to provide you with guidance on the additional information the state needs to grant licensure.  That information will include:

  • an application for the specific license type for your profession;
  • a copy of your spouse’s orders indicating duty assignment dates;
  • a verification of licensure from your home state; and
  • a criminal background check, if required by our board or commission.

The expedited license can only be granted if: you have not been disciplined by an authorized entity in relation to your license; you are not under investigation in relation to your license; and you have not committed or participated in any act that would constitute grounds for refusal, suspension, or revocation of a professional license.  

Additionally, the expedited license can only be granted if you hold a professional or occupational license from another state, district, or territory of the United States with licensing requirements that are greater than or substantially similar to the licensing requirements of the appropriate board or commission in this state.

If you have questions you would like answered before you complete the expedited licensure form, please email those questions to, and one of our staff members will contact you with the information you need.