A license to practice podiatry is required in South Carolina.
Requirements for Initial Licensure:
- Detailed requirements for licensure as a podiatrist may be found on the application, which is linked below:
Requirements for Reactivation of an Inactive License:
- Detailed requirements for reactivation of an inactive license may be found on the application, which is linked below:
An applicant for licensure as a podiatrist must submit the following:
o Check or money order in the amount of $500 made payable to LLR-Board of Podiatry Examiners. The application fee is non-refundable. A returned check fee of up to $30, or an amount specified by law, may be assessed on all returned funds.
o Copy of your valid Driver’s License, State Issued ID, Passport or Military ID
o Copy of your social security card
o A 2”x2” professional photo that is notarized (Passport Photo)
o Malpractice Claim Information Form, if applicable
o Legal documentation for name change, if applicable
o APMA Certification, if applicable
o Certification of graduation from a 3 year residency in podiatric medicine and reconstructive rear foot and ankle surgery (RRA), if applicable
o Original, certified copy of your birth certificate
o Preceptorship or residency certificate (must have one year completed)
o Have submitted directly to the Board office address set forth above from the issuing agent:
- License Verification from each state podiatry board that you are currently or have ever been licensed in.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation from Podiatrists that know you on a professional basis
- Results from Parts I & II of National Board Examination
- Results from the PMLexis Examination
- Certification of Podiatry Education (form enclosed)
- Official Transcript
- Undergraduate college transcript
Detailed steps for completing an application for licensure as a podiatrist may be found on the application, which is linked below:
Detailed steps for completing an application for reactivation of an inactive license may be found on the application, which is linked below:
The fee for an initial application is $500.00. The fee for a reactivation application is $75.00.