Home Inspectors Instructions
- Please allow 7-10 business days before checking your application status online at Online Applications, then click on Application Status.
- An applicant should keep a copy of any application and attachments filed with this office.
- Must show 1 year of experience, in Section "Work Experience” of the application, under a supervising home inspector.
- Must show proof of performing 50 home inspections, in Section "Work Experience” of the application. Additionally a summary report of each inspection, including its address, must be attached or mailed in.
- The application processing fee will be due before you will be allowed to submit your application.
APPLICATION GENERAL QUESTIONS
- Applicants are required to answer all the questions either "Yes” or "No”.
- If any question is answered "Yes” and no information is attached, the application will be returned.
- If any question is left unanswered, the application will be returned.
- A state criminal history or S.L.E.D report is needed for any "Yes” answer to a criminal offense.
- The examinations are administered using computer based testing technology.
- Examination candidates will be tested at a testing site that is administered by PSI.
- Applicants legal name is required on applications to insure no delays when scheduling to take the exam to PSI.
- Applications must be submitted in complete order before an eligibility letter for examination can be approved for scheduling. The processing steps are as follows:
- Applications meeting all requirements and payment of fees are received.
- Applications are reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- Applications that are incomplete will be sent a deficiency letter.
- Applicants will receive an Exam Eligibility letter with information to contact PSI.
- The applicant will schedule his/her exam and make payment with PSI.
- After passing the exam submit your test results.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- Examination preparatory courses and seminars are offered by individuals, businesses, and technical schools or community colleges.
- The licensing board for Residential Builders is not affiliated with any of these individuals, and the board does not sponsor, approve or recommend any school, examination preparatory course or seminars.