Renew My License
2022-2024 Burglar Alarm and Fire Alarm Contractor License renewals are now open. The deadline to renew without late penalty is July 31, 2022. As a reminder, you must have a current Certificate of Liability Insurance on file with the Board to renew. Please submit this information via the Document Submission portal.
Additional Forms and Applications:
Change Business Name/Address
Change Qualifying Agent
Biennial Renewal Fees
Licenses renewed/postmarked by July 31, 2022:
- Alarm System Main Office: $200 Includes 1 primary qualifying party (PQP)
- Branch Office (Burglar Alarm): $50 (Includes 1 PQP)
- Additional Qualifying Party: $10
Renewals postmarked after July 31, 2022, add additional late fees:
- August 1 - August 30, 2022 (30 days): Late Fee $100 + Renewal Fee
- August 31 - September 29, 2022 (60 days): Late Fee $150 + Renewal Fee
- September 30 - October 29, 2022 (90 days): Late Fee $175 + Renewal Fee
In order to utilize the online renewal system, you must have a current Certificate of Liability Insurance on file with the Board. You may submit this information electronically by logging into your eservice account and utilize Document Submission. Please allow board staff 5-7 business days to update this information in our system. After the new expiration date has been applied, you will be able to renew your license online.
Certificate of Insurance Requirements:
A current Certificate of Liability Insurance (minimum amount $100,000) must be on file with this office indicating the SC Contractor's Licensing Board as the "Certificate Holder" on the form. The policy of comprehensive general liability insurance must provide for the following minimum coverage: one hundred thousand dollars due to bodily injury, death, or destruction of property as the result of the negligent act or acts of the principal insured.