ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
An applicant whose native language is not English shall submit evidence of passing an English proficiency exam administered by a board approved service.
BOARD APPROVED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY SERVICES
Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
- Passing Standard: Overall score of 84 with a minimum speaking score of 26
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Passing Standard: Overall score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in all other modules- Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking
Pearson PTE Academic: http://pearsonpte.com/testme/Taking/Pages/register.aspx
- Passing Standard: Overall score of 55 with a minimum of 50 in all other modules- Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking
International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP): https://www.itepexam.com/
- Passing Standard: Overall score of 3.9
EXEMPTION FROM THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT
To be exempt from having to take an English language proficiency examination, you must meet BOTH of the following requirements:
- English must have been the language of instruction, including the language of the textbooks.
- Your entry level nursing education was completed in one of the following countries:
- Canada (except Quebec, the only schools approved for exemption are: McGill University, Dawson College, Vanier College, John Abbott College, and Heritage College)
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States
If you meet these criteria, you do not need to take an English language proficiency examination.