Fireworks Wholesaler and Jobber Licenses
Licenses are issued for one calendar year and are nontransferable. All Annual Licenses and permits expire on August 31st. All in state facilities must be inspected by a Deputy State Fire Marshal (DSFM) before the issuance of the license. Inspections will not be scheduled without a completed application and processed payment. For additional information about inspections, please see the "Inspection Guidelines" section below.
Fireworks Wholesaler: a person or entity that may buy foreign or domestic fireworks, store fireworks, supply or sell fireworks to any person or entity holding the proper South Carolina license. No person under the age of eighteen (18) shall be employed or allowed to participate as a handler of Fireworks.
Fireworks Jobber: a person or entity that only purchases consumer fireworks from a wholesale distributor licensed to do business in South Carolina and only sells consumer fireworks to retailers licensed to do business in South Carolina. Cannot possess or sell 1.3G display fireworks.
Display Fireworks Magazine: A building or structure approved for the storage of display fireworks. Display fireworks are defined as those classified by the U.S. Department of Transportation as hazard classification 1.3G.
- Wholesaler License: $1250
- Jobber License: $500
- Display Magazine Permit: $100 per magazine container (Wholesaler License fees include up to five (5) Display Magazine Permits).
According to SC Statutes and Regulations, all Class 1.3G fireworks must be stored in an approved magazine when not in transit or in use. Wholesaler License fees include up to five (5) Display Magazine Permits.
Storage of Display Fireworks must comply with:
- NFPA 1124 (1.3G Display Fireworks Magazine Inspection Guidelines)
- The requirements in 18 United States Code, Chapter 40 and 27 Code of Federal Regulations Part 55 as enforced by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
Sale of Display Fireworks:
- Display fireworks may only be sold to persons that have been licensed by the proper state and federal agencies.
- Each distributor of display fireworks shall provide to the purchaser necessary permit forms for fireworks displays in South Carolina, and all sales records shall be kept opened for inspection by the authorities for no less than twenty-four (24) months.
- No one under the age of eighteen (18) shall be employed as a salesman or handler of display fireworks
Licensed fireworks retailers shall purchase consumer fireworks from a licensed wholesaler or jobber as per S.C. Board of Pyrotechnic Safety Regulation 71-7405.1(D)(10)).