Home Builder Instructions
- Please allow 7-10 business days before checking your application status online at Online Applications, then click on Application Status.
- An applicant should keep a copy of any application and attachments filed with this office.
- An affidavit of Experience Form will be mailed to the employer/supervisor you have listed on your application.
- Must show 1 year of experience, in Section "Work Experience” of the application, under the builder or general contractor who signed the affidavit.
- The application processing fee will be due before you will be allowed to submit your application.
- Applicants are required to answer all the questions either "Yes” or "No”.
- If any question is answered "Yes” and no information is attached, the application will be returned.
- If any question is left unanswered, the application will be returned.
- A state criminal history or S.L.E.D report is needed for any "Yes” answer to a criminal offense.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- The examinations are administered using computer based testing technology.
- Examination candidates will be tested at a testing site that is administered by PSI.
- Applicants legal name is required on applications to insure no delays when scheduling to take the exam to PSI.
- Applications must be submitted in complete order before an eligibility letter for examination can be approved for scheduling. The processing steps are as follows:
- Applications meeting all requirements and payment of fees are received.
- Applications are reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- Applications that are incomplete and/or have credit discrepancies will be sent a deficiency letter.
- Applicants will receive an Exam Eligibility letter with information to contact PSI.
- The applicant will schedule his/her exam and make payment with PSI.
- After passing the exam submit your test results, license fee (certified check or money order) and surety bond (original copy signed with the power of attorney) to our office. This link will take you to the Bond Form: Bond Form.
- Examination preparatory courses and seminars are offered by individuals, businesses, and technical schools or community colleges.
- The licensing board for Residential Builders is not affiliated with any of these individuals, and the board does not sponsor, approve or recommend any school, examination preparatory course or seminars.