Residential Specialty Contractor Registration Application
- Please allow 7-10 business days before checking your application status online at Online Applications, then click on Application Status.
- Applicants should keep a copy of any application and attachments filed with this office.
- Choose up to 3 classifications that are listed on the application.
- Affidavit must show 1 year of experience for each classification chosen (up to 3). The Affidavit required for the Specialty License can be found at: Affidavit.
- Applications must be properly signed and notarized.
- If the social security number is not provided or incorrect, the application will be returned.
- Applicant's legal name (as listed on your birth certificate/drivers license) is required to insure no further delays in the application process.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- The registration fee is due at the time you submit your application to our office.
- All new applicants must submit a certified check or money order.
- Any personal or company checks will be returned.
- Applicants are required to answer all the questions either Yes or No.
- If any question is answered "Yes” and no information is attached, the applicant will be sent a deficiency letter. A state criminal history or sled report is needed for any yes answer to a criminal offense, official/court documentation is required for all liens/judgments.
- If any question is left unanswered, the applicant will be sent a deficiency letter.
- All applicants are required to submit three (3) letters of reference.
- These references should demonstrate that the applicant has good character, skills and knowledge.
- References should provide detailed descriptions of work in the trades applying for performed for them by the applicant.
- Format letters will not be accepted.
- All reference letters must reflect the applicant and not the company.
- Any applications without the required references will be considered incomplete.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
- Applications submitted must be correct in order to complete the process.
- The processing steps are as follows:
- Applications meeting all requirements and payment of fees are received.
- Applications are reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
- All applicants applying for registration must submit to a credit report, which will be performed by LLR.
- Applications that are incomplete and/or have credit discrepancies will be sent a deficiency letter.
- If work to be performed is $5,000 and over, you must submit a surety bond (original bond signed with the power of attorney, we will not accept a photocopy or fax) in your legal name in the amount ($5,000) approved by the Commission to our office.
- Applications approved and found in complete order will be issued a registration.
Residential Specialty Registrations renew June 30 every odd year (2013, 2015, 2017, etc)