Please note that an individual must have an active license to access the Scope of Practice Guidelines Portal. New applicants for licensure should first submit an Application for Licensure and await issuance of a license number. Once an applicant receives a license number, he/she may log in to the Scope of Practice Guidelines Portal by clicking here and logging in with the same username and password used to submit the Application for Licensure.
Scope of Practice Guidelines Portal
Physician Assistants must have an approved primary supervisor on file with the Board, prior to practicing.
Click Here for the Scope of Practice Guidelines Portal
Unless noted, all forms below must be submitted through the Scope of Practice Guidelines Portal. Forms submitted via email, mail, or fax will not be accepted.
REQUIRED FORMS FOR A NEW PRIMARY SUPERVISOR
ADDITIONAL FORMS - ONLY SUBMIT IF APPLICABLE
- Adding Alternate Physicians Form
- Primary Supervisor Termination Notice Form
- PA Scope of Practice Guidelines Addendum Form(Delegation of Tasks to SCCMA) (This form should be submitted to the board by email only after the Scope of Practice and Supervising Physician have been approved.)
HOW TO USE THE SCOPE OF PRACTICE GUIDELINES PORTAL
- Log-in to your account using your username and password.
- Select “Add New Scope of Practice Guidelines/New Supervisor.”
- Select Primary Supervisor: At this step you will search for your primary supervising physician by license number. If you do not know your supervisor’s license number, a link to licensee lookup will be provided.
- Upload a Supervisory Agreement Form and Scope of Practice
Guidelines Addendum Form.
- Select Alternate Physicians: Upload form containing a list of alternate physicians. If you do not have alternate physicians, you can skip this step.
- Scope of Practice Submission: You can submit a standard scope, or a modified scope (employer created or non-standard). To submit a standard scope, select the scope of practice specialty from the provided dropdown menu. To submit a modified scope, you can upload it in the designated modified scope browser box. Any submission of a standard scope in the modified scope field will result in automatic rejection of submission.
- Practice Site: At this step, you will provide your Company’s name, address, and phone number, as well as your practice site address
information. You will be able to add additional practice sites as needed.
- Review: Finally, you will be able to review and make changes before submitting the application. CAUTION: Uploads of multiple documents into the incorrect designated tabs will result in automatic rejection of submission.