SC Code of Regulation 39-10 (A) (1) and 39-10 (A) (2) were amended and passed May 27, 2016:
(1) All dental practices shall conform to and comply with the current recommendations and guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) relating to infection control practices for dentistry and/or dental offices.
(2) It is the responsibility of all dentists and dental hygienists licensed by the State and all other personnel who are utilized by a licensed dentist who assist in a dental practice and may be exposed to body fluids such as blood or saliva to maintain familiarity with these recommendations and guidelines.
For specific guidelines click on the following links:
- Infection Prevention & Control Guidelines & Recommendations
- Infection Control in Practice (ICIP)
- ADA Health Policy Institute (HPI)
- Air Abrasion System
- Executive Summary: Joint Advisory Opinion of the of the SC Dentistry...Administration of Neuromodulators including Botox
- Dental License by Credentials - "Active Practice" Requirement
- Dental License by Credentials - "Waiver of Fees"
- Dental Sedation Act Clarification
- Disciplinary Complaint Hearings
- Economic Relationships
- Infiltration Anesthesia Certification
- Infiltration Anesthesia Course Approval
- IV Line Establishment
- Monitoring of Nitrous Oxide Certification
- Monitoring of Nitrous Oxide Course Approval
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Patient Dental Records
- Subgingival Therapeutic Chemicals
- Summary of Procedures for Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, and EDDA
- Volunteer License Restricted to Specialty